This book is about the star Puanga and the star cluster Matariki, which work together to herald the Māori New Year for different iwi. We are sure it will be a welcome addition to the books available for this year’s special Matariki celebration in June - with the first Matariki public holiday on June 24.
- Repetitive sentence structure: “E ai ki…” (According to...)
- Information about why some iwi look to Puanga as a sign of the new year
- Star map for Matariki, Puanga and the stars around them in the night sky
- Singalong CD which turns the book into a beautiful song
- English translation
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a fun book to do on the mat!
- Guitar chords
- Music also available for download on SOUNDCLOUD